Former Bulldog David Andrews jokes about former Alabama QB Mac Jones ‘flaw’
Andrews jokes quarterback Mac Jones ‘got one cryptic flaw, going to Alabama’
ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) - Veteran New England Patriots center and former Georgia Bulldog David Andrews has been in the NFL for eight seasons and has seen many ups and downs during his career.
The former UGA star knows a thing or two about winning championships, playing at a high level and more importantly, the Georgia rivalry with Alabama.
The Patriots captain joked that his second-year quarterback Mac Jones has one cryptic flaw. Andrews was recently asked about the importance of quarterback Mac Jones to the team’s success.
According to MassLive.com, Andrews said “he’s done a great job since he’s come in here. He’s a great guy, He’s got one just cryptic flaw, going to Alabama. But that’s about it. But naw, he’s a great guy, love getting to work with him every day and getting to see him grow each day and each week in his career.”
Andrews may be pretty excited to see that Georgia is ranked No. 1 in college football power rankings in 2022.
There has been 15 players who went on to play in the NFL after winning Georgia’s first national title since 1980, there still is still plenty of talent and an attitude that winning a championship leaves behind, coach Kirby Smart said.
The former Bulldog went undrafted in 2015. Andrews has won two Super Bowls and played in another during his Patriots tenure.
Jones, in his second year in the NFL, is looking to help the Patriots get back to their winning ways this season. The Patriots won 10 games in 2021 and hope to put themselves in a position to win their AFC East division in 2022, a dominance that has been unmatched by any team in the NFL during the last 22 seasons.
- UGA reports ticket issues hours before first home game of season
- Dunkin’ announces partnership with UGA Athletics
- Commemorative UGA Champions Coca-Cola bottle unveiled
- Georgia Bulldog Nike shoes available for purchase
- 3 UGA players make the All-American team
- No beer sales for most University of Georgia football fans
- Georgia celebrates title at stadium, Smart plans repeat
- 2022 NFL draft featured multiple UGA standout players hoping to make an impact
Copyright 2022 WGCL. All rights reserved.