Man shot and killed in the Old Fourth Ward section of Atlanta, police say
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Atlanta on Thursday evening.
Police responded to 657 Boulevard NE after reports of a shooting. Atlanta police officials confirmed to Atlanta News First that “a person has been shot at that location and is deceased.”
There is no official word as to what led up to that shooting.
A child was shot in the hand around 2:30 p.m. The child was taken to the hospital for further treatment and their father was detained.
A man was shot and killed at 735 Joseph E. Boone Blvd. NW on Thursday afternoon. Atlanta police responded to a call just after 3:30 p.m. and found the victim with a gunshot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Oct. 21, Athens-Clarke County Police officials say a 19-year-old man died and an 18-year-old man was injured in a shooting.
There is no additional information. This is an active investigation. Stay with Atlanta News First for updates.
- UPDATE: No one with gun arrested near Stephenson High School, school on soft lockdown
- KFC employee shot while outside on break, barber shop shot up in NW Atlanta
- Persons of interest sought in shooting on James P. Brawley Drive
- GBI identifies man killed by officer after road rage incident in Atlanta
- Student dies after being shot near Norcross High School
- Gun possibly fired near Shiloh High School on Friday afternoon
- Police: Man shot, injured after ‘an altercation with brother-in-law escalated’
- One injured, one arrested after a shooting in Druid Hills section of Atlanta
- Shooting reported at The Mall at Stonecrest, police say
- Atlanta police to increase patrols after 4 people were shot near AUC library
- ‘Think about your actions,’ family speaks after metro Atlanta man killed on I-285
- Two homicides in metro Atlanta under investigation Thursday afternoon
- Standoff with murder suspect in Clayton County ends with death of suspect, K9
- Suspect named after woman found dead at Gwinnett County construction site
- Shooting investigation underway in southeast Atlanta
Copyright 2022 WANF. All rights reserved.