Griffin-Spalding County Schools to remain closed to students through Wednesday
GRIFFIN, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Griffin-Spalding County Schools will be closed on Monday, Jan. 16 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The schools will also be closed for students and staff on Tuesday, Jan. 17 as Griffin communities continue to restore power and clean up tornado damage.
On Wednesday, Jan. 18, GSCS schools will remain closed for students, but staff will report to work. Employees who are unable to report to work on Wednesday should notify their principal or direct supervisor.
- Home Depot Foundation to help Griffin community hit by tornado on Jan. 12
- Community Teen Coalition to help communities hit by tornado
- Spalding County opens volunteer, donated goods center after devastating storm
- NWS confirms EF3 tornado touched down in Spalding County Thursday
- As tornado damage mounts, it’s unclear how much aid could come from state, feds
- What to do before and after filing an insurance claim following storm damage
- Officials warn of contractor scams after tornado damages parts of Georgia
- Griffin man partially paralyzed after tree hits home
- Community rallies to help Griffin middle schoolers return home
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.