Hip-Hop icon Lil Wayne’s ‘Welcome To Tha Carter Tour’ coming to Atlanta
Lil Wayne is expected to perform in Atlanta on April 22 at the Tabernacle.
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Hip-Hop icon Lil Wayne is hitting the road this spring, preparing to bring some of his greatest hits to cities across the country.
The “Welcome To Tha Carter Tour” presented by Young Money, Rolling Loud, and Live Nation will visit 28 cities across the country, including a stop in Atlanta.
The tour kicks off in Minneapolis on April 4 and runs through May 13.
Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., is expected to perform in Atlanta on April 22 at the Tabernacle. Tickets go on sale February 3 at 10 a.m.
Lil Wayne is best known for his ground-breaking, chart-topping hit songs, albums, features, and dozens of mixtapes throughout his legendary career.
In 2018, Lil Wayne was honored with the “I Am Hip Hop Icon Award” at the BET Hip Hop Awards in Atlanta, just a couple of weeks after he released his long-awaited hit Tha Carter 5 album that had been put on hold after he had disputes with Birdman “Baby” Williams and Cash Money Records.
The five-time Grammy-Award winner has released multiple No. 1 albums and has sold more than 20 million records. He has released dozens of hit mixtapes, including his game-changing “Dedication” series with the legendary DJ Drama.
Lil Wayne has collaborated with dozens of other rappers and musicians, including Atlanta’s own T.I., Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Usher, Yung Joc, Lil Jon, and Lil Scrappy among others.
He also helped found superstars Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga, and other rappers Mellow Racks, Euro, Guddha Guddha, and, Shannell on his Young Money record label.
He released his last album “Funeral” in January 2020.
WELCOME TO THA CARTER TOUR 2023 TOUR DATES:
- Tue Apr 4 — Minneapolis, MN — The Fillmore Minneapolis
- Thu Apr 6 — Fargo, ND — Scheels Arena*
- Fri Apr 7 — Omaha, NE — Baxter Arena*
- Sat Apr 8 — Madison, WI — The Sylvee
- Sun Apr 9 — Chicago, IL — Radius
- Tue, Apr 11 — Detroit, MI — The Fillmore Detroit
- Wed Apr 12 — Toronto, ON — HISTORY
- Thu Apr 13 — Boston, MA — House of Blues
- Sun Apr 16 — New York, NY — Apollo Theater
- Mon Apr 17 — Philadelphia, PA — The Fillmore Philadelphia
- Tue Apr 18 — Silver Spring, MD — The Fillmore Silver Spring
- Thu Apr 20 — Charlotte, NC — The Fillmore Charlotte
- Fri Apr 21 — Raleigh, NC — The Ritz
- Sat Apr 22 — Atlanta, GA — Tabernacle
- Mon Apr 24 — Birmingham, AL — Iron City
- Wed Apr 26 — St. Louis, MO — The Factory
- Thu Apr 27 — Nashville, TN — Marathon Music Works
- Fri Apr 28 — Cleveland, OH — House of Blues
- Sun Apr 30 — Lexington, KY — Rupp Arena*
- Tue May 2 — Houston, TX — House of Blues
- Wed May 3 — Dallas, TX — House of Blues
- Thu May 4 — Austin, TX — Stubbs Waller Creek Amphitheater
- Sat May 6 — Salt Lake City, UT — The Complex
- Sun May 7 — Denver, CO — Fillmore Auditorium
- Tue May 9 — Phoenix, AZ — The Van Buren
- Wed May 10 — San Diego, CA — SOMA
- Fri May 12 — San Francisco, CA — The Masonic
- Sat May 13 — Los Angeles, CA — The Wiltern
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.