Arrest made in murder of 51-year-old Atlanta man
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - UPDATE: A man has been arrested in connection with the murder. Charlie Cooper turned himself in Apr. 3 and has been charged with murder, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Police say the victim was a 51-year-old man. They responded to the scene around 7:22 p.m. and took him to the hospital, where he died.
ORIGINAL STORY: A deadly shooting investigation is underway in southwest Atlanta on Tuesday evening.
Officers responded to the 1300 block of 1341 Metropolitan Parkway SW after reports of a shooting around 8 p.m.
There is no additional information released by officials.
The shooting remains under investigation.
On Monday evening, Atlanta police officials say a female was shot and killed on Ira Street in southwest Atlanta.
RELATED CRIME STORIES:
- Arrest made in connection to fatal Albany shooting
- 29-year-old woman injured in Conyers shooting
- Man injured in shooting at Brookhaven shopping plaza
- 18-year-old Stonecrest man charged in deadly January shooting
- Northwest Atlanta shooting under investigation
- Man injured in shooting on Daniel Road in Atlanta
- Dispute between two people ‘who appear to be cousins’ led to shooting
- Deadly Lawrenceville shooting under investigation
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.