Friday is last day for early voting in Mableton, Clayton County sheriff runoffs
MABLETON, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Early voting began Monday, April 10 for the city of Mableton’s special election runoff.
After a very small turnout last month, voters still need to elect a mayor and city council seats in four different districts.
Early voting runs Monday, April 10 through Friday, April 14 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Voters can cast ballots at the following two locations:
- Mable House Arts Center - 5239 Floyd Road SW, Mableton, GA 30126
- South Cobb Community Center - 620 Lions Club Drive SW, Mableton, GA 30126
Mableton resident Chijoke Ebbis knew the new city had a lot of potential when it was still an unincorporated community in Cobb County. He said that’s why he voted yes to cityhood, and he is voting early in the runoff.
“Especially as a new city, you need to make sure that you have a person who is experienced, who has a vision,” he said when speaking about the mayor’s race.
Election Day in Mableton is Tuesday, April 18. For additional information, click here.
Early voting also started Monday, April 10 in Clayton County’s sheriff runoff race.
It’s down to Interim Sheriff Levon Allen and challenger Clarence Cox.
Early voting is from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Friday, April 14 at the following locations:
- Clayton County Board of Elections and Registration Office - 121 S. McDonough Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236
- Carl Rhodenizer Recreation Center - 3499 Rex Road, Rex, GA 30273
- South Clayton Recreation Center - 1837 Mcdonough Road, Hampton, GA 30228
- Virginia B. Gray Recreation Center - 1475 E Fayetteville Road, Riverdale, GA 30296
- Morrow City Hall - 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260
Election Day in Clayton County is Tuesday, April 18. For additional information, click here.
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.