Midtown shooting suspect waives first court appearance
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Deion Patterson, the suspect in Wednesday’s deadly shooting at a medical office in Midtown Atlanta, waived his court appearance Thursday morning.
The suspect in Wednesday’s deadly shooting at a medical office in Midtown Atlanta is expected to appear in court Thursday.
The shooting happened just after noon in the waiting room of Northside Medical Midtown at 1100 West Peachtree Street, which houses several medical offices and is operated by Northside Hospital. One person died and four others were injured.
Officials quickly identified 24-year-old Deion Patterson as the shooter and launched a massive manhunt. The U.S. Marshals Office and Cobb County Police announced that Patterson was taken into custody around 8 p.m. He was booked into the Fulton County Jail on charges of murder and aggravated assault.
Patterson will make his first court appearance Thursday morning at 11:30 a.m. in Fulton County Magistrate Court.
FULL COVERAGE OF MIDTOWN ATLANTA MASS SHOOTING:
- Midtown mass shooter facing multiple charges, victim identified
- ‘None of us are safe’ | America reacts to Atlanta’s latest mass shooting
- Site of Atlanta’s latest mass shooting is a major Midtown medical facility
- Midtown Atlanta’s mass shooting is Georgia’s 10th in 2023
- What we know about the 5 victims of Midtown medical building shooting
- Witnesses speak on deadly Midtown Atlanta shooting
- Who is Deion Patterson, the suspect in midtown Atlanta’s mass shooting?
- Northside Medical Midtown closed Thursday, officials say
- Here is what we know about the deadly Midtown Atlanta shooting
- Family of woman killed in Midtown Atlanta shooting releases statement
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.