Hearing Impaired Resources
- Georgia Center of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Georgia Center of the Deaf Resources - state and national organizations; sign language classes; Education resources; Emergency Preparedness; Laws related to hearing impairment; and more.
- Georgia ADA Coordinator’s Office - Resources from Georgia’s Americans with Disabilities Coordinator’s Office
- American Association of the Deaf-Blind
- Georgia Relay (711) - Georgia Relay is a FREE public service provided by the State of Georgia to make communicating by telephone easy, accessible and reliable for everyone, including people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or have difficulty speaking.
- Georgia Association of the Deaf - Established in 1910, the Georgia Association of the Deaf, Inc., “GAD”, is the largest self-help consumer organization of persons with hearing loss in Georgia
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD) - The mission of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) is to promote, protect, and preserve the rights and quality of life of deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals in the United States of America.
- Hearing Loss Association of America - The site provides information on hearing loss, programs and events related to hearing loss, chapters and state organizations and more.
Closed Captioning Contact Information
Do you have questions or issues related to Closed Captioning on Atlanta News First?
Here’s who to contact:
For immediate Closed Captioning Concerns, please contact our captioning hotline:
We will make every effort to respond or otherwise resolve your inquiry within 24 hours or one business day.
Written Closed Captioning Complaints should be directed to the following:
Atlanta News First/WANF
425 14th St. NW
With your written complaint, please include any contact information, such as address, telephone number and email address, the name of the program, date, time and nature of the captioning issue. Before sending a formal written complaint, we recommend that you first contact our captioning hotline. We may be able to resolve your problem immediately without the need for a formal complaint. In any event, we will respond to your complaint within 30 days.