Creighton vs. NC State Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's game between the Creighton Bluejays (21-12) and NC State Wolfpack (23-10) squaring off at Ball Arena has a projected final score of 76-71 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Creighton, who is listed as a small favorite by our model. The game will begin at 4:00 PM ET on March 17.
Based on our computer prediction, NC State projects to cover the 5.5-point spread in its matchup versus Creighton. The over/under is listed at 148.5, and the two teams are projected to come in below that total.
Creighton vs. NC State Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV: TNT
- Where: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Ball Arena
- Line: Creighton -5.5
- Point Total: 148.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Creighton -225, NC State +185
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Creighton vs. NC State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Creighton 76, NC State 71
Spread & Total Prediction for Creighton vs. NC State
- Pick ATS:
NC State (+5.5)
- Pick OU:
Creighton has put together a 13-15-0 record against the spread this season, while NC State is 15-14-0. In terms of going over the point total, games involving the Bluejays are 12-16-0 and the Wolfpack are 15-14-0. The two teams score an average of 154.8 points per game, 6.3 more points than this matchup's total. Creighton is 4-6 against the spread and 6-4 overall in its past 10 contests, while NC State has gone 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Creighton Performance Insights
- The Bluejays are outscoring opponents by 8.1 points per game with a +269 scoring differential overall. They put up 76.6 points per game (59th in college basketball) and give up 68.5 per contest (128th in college basketball).
- The 34.8 rebounds per game Creighton averages rank 35th in college basketball, and are 3.9 more than the 30.9 its opponents grab per outing.
- Creighton connects on 8.9 three-pointers per game (40th in college basketball) while shooting 36% from deep (82nd in college basketball). It is making 2.5 more threes per contest than its opponents, who drain 6.4 per game while shooting 34.1%.
- The Bluejays rank 37th in college basketball by averaging 99.7 points per 100 possessions on offense, and defensively are 112th in college basketball, allowing 89.1 points per 100 possessions.
- Creighton loses the turnover battle by 1.5 per game, committing 11 (94th in college basketball) while its opponents average 9.5.
NC State Performance Insights
- The Wolfpack are outscoring opponents by 7.4 points per game, with a +244 scoring differential overall. They put up 78.2 points per game (33rd in college basketball) and give up 70.8 per outing (201st in college basketball).
- NC State records 34 rebounds per game (53rd in college basketball) while conceding 31.6 per outing to opponents. It outrebounds opponents by 2.4 boards per game.
- NC State makes 8.4 three-pointers per game (65th in college basketball), 2.3 more than its opponents. It shoots 35% from deep (135th in college basketball), and its opponents are shooting 32.3%.
- NC State wins the turnover battle by 3.4 per game, committing 9.2 (eighth in college basketball) while its opponents average 12.6.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.