Braves vs. Marlins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Atlanta Braves (96-50) visit the Miami Marlins (75-72) to open a three-game series at LoanDepot park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on Friday. The Braves are on the back of a series victory over the Phillies, and the Marlins a series loss to the Brewers.
The Braves will give the ball to Bryce Elder (12-4, 3.38 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Marlins will counter with Johnny Cueto (1-4, 6.15 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Marlins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Venue: LoanDepot park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Elder - ATL (12-4, 3.38 ERA) vs Cueto - MIA (1-4, 6.15 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Marlins Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Marlins|
|Braves vs Marlins Odds|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bryce Elder
- Elder (12-4) will take the mound for the Braves, his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in seven innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with a 3.38 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .235.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his third consecutive quality start.
- Elder will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 28 chances this season.
Bryce Elder vs. Marlins
- The Marlins are batting .256 this season, 10th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .399 (20th in the league) with 147 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Marlins two times this season, allowing them to go 8-for-44 with a double, three home runs and four RBI in 12 1/3 innings.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Johnny Cueto
- The Marlins are sending Cueto (1-4) to the mound for his ninth start of the season. He is 1-4 with a 6.15 ERA and 33 strikeouts over 41 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's last appearance was on Saturday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he went 3 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 37-year-old has a 6.15 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings over nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .243 to opposing hitters.
- Cueto has one quality start this year.
- Cueto enters this matchup with six outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in one of his nine appearances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.