Rays vs. Orioles Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Baltimore Orioles (91-55) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when hosting the Tampa Bay Rays (91-57) at 7:05 PM ET on Friday.
The Rays will give the ball to Zach Eflin (14-8, 3.53 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 15 on the season, and the Orioles will counter with Jack Flaherty (8-8, 4.98 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Orioles Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin - TB (14-8, 3.53 ERA) vs Flaherty - BAL (8-8, 4.98 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Orioles Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rays vs Orioles|
|Rays vs Orioles Odds|
|Rays vs Orioles Prediction|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Eflin
- The Rays will hand the ball to Eflin (14-8) for his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.53 ERA this season with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.3 walks per nine across 28 games.
- In 28 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 16 of them.
- Eflin has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 28 chances this season.
Zach Eflin vs. Orioles
- The Orioles have scored 744 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They have 1280 hits, eighth in baseball, with 172 home runs (16th in the league).
- The Orioles have gone 9-for-48 with two doubles, a triple, a home run and four RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty (8-8) takes the mound first for the Orioles in his 27th start of the season. He's put together a 4.98 ERA in 137 1/3 innings pitched, with 138 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Boston Red Sox, when the righty threw 3 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.98, with 9 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .283 batting average against him.
- Flaherty is looking to collect his ninth quality start of the year in this game.
- Flaherty has pitched five or more innings in a game 19 times this year heading into this game.
- He has made five appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.