Deshaun Watson vs. Kenny Pickett in Week 2: Browns vs. Steelers Preview, Stats
With the Cleveland Browns (1-0) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) matching up on September 18 at Acrisure Stadium, Deshaun Watson and Kenny Pickett will go toe to toe at the quarterback position. We break down the two signal callers below, diving into the stats and trends that will affect this matchup.
Browns vs. Steelers Game Info
- Game Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Venue: Acrisure Stadium
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV: ABC
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Watson this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Deshaun Watson vs. Kenny Pickett Matchup
|Deshaun Watson||2022 Stats||Kenny Pickett|
|1,102 (183.7)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||2,404 (184.9)|
|175 (29.2)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||237 (18.2)|
Steelers Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Steelers' defense was producing, as it ranked 10th in the league with 20.4 points allowed per game. In terms of yards allowed, the team ranked 14th with 5,617 total yards allowed (330.4 per game).
- When it came to stopping the pass, Pittsburgh's defense was 20th in the NFL with 3,779 passing yards allowed (222.3 per game) and 28th with 29 passing touchdowns allowed.
- Against the run, the Steelers were top-10 last year, ranking ninth in the NFL with 1,838 total rushing yards allowed (108.1 allowed per game). They also ranked first in rushing touchdowns allowed (seven).
- Defensively, Pittsburgh ranked 18th in the NFL in third-down percentage allowed at 39.4%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it was 17th (55.3%).
Who comes out on top when the Browns and the Steelers square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Browns Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Browns' defense was 20th in the NFL with 22.4 points allowed per game and 15th with 331.2 total yards allowed per contest.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Cleveland was one of the most effective defenses in the league, ranking fifth in the NFL by giving up 196.2 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, it ranked 11th with 6.4 yards allowed per pass attempt.
- Against the run, the Browns' defense was stuck in neutral last season, as it ranked eighth-to-last in the league with 135 rushing yards per game allowed. In terms of yards per attempt, the team ranked 25th in the NFL with 4.7 yards allowed per run attempt.
- Defensively, Cleveland ranked 19th in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed (39.5%) and 16th in red-zone percentage allowed (55.2%).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.