Mableton elects first-ever mayor, city council
Voters went to the polls again on Tuesday for a special runoff election
Published: Apr. 18, 2023 at 10:08 PM EDT|Updated: Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:20 PM EDT
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Michael Owens was elected as the city of Mableton’s first-ever mayor on Tuesday.
Voters went to the polls in a special runoff election Tuesday to also make their picks in three city council races:
- Dami Oladapo was elected in district two;
- Keisha Jeffcoat was elected in district three;
- T.J. Ferguson was elected in district five.
Early voting in all of the runoffs was held last week.
MORE MABLETON HEADLINES FROM ATLANTA NEWS FIRST
- Low early voter turnout ahead of Mableton’s first election
- Mableton election results: mayor’s race, 3 council seats head for runoff
- New city Mableton one week out from historic first election
- Mableton, Clayton County voters cast ballots in special elections
- Mableton sets date for historic first-ever city election
- Should Mableton become a city? Cobb County residents to vote on ballot referendum
- Mableton becomes Georgia’s newest city | What happens next?
Voters approved a split from Cobb County in the November 2022 election, wanting more autonomy over zoning and development in the Mableton area.
Atlanta News First and Atlanta News First+ provide you with the latest news, headlines and insights as Georgia continues its role at the forefront of the nation’s political scene.
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.